We are happy to announce that the Tree Succession project is underway!
What is the Tree Succession project?
- Tree Succession project will plant over 3,000 trees and palms in residential areas throughout the City.
- The project started in May of 2015 and will take approximately 12 to 28 months to complete the planting portion of the project.
- The contractor is SFM Services, Inc., and they will be responsible for the planting of the trees and palms as well as the watering and maintenance of the trees for one year after the trees are planted.
- Approximately 6 to 12 months after planting, SFM Services, Inc. will remove the tree bracing and soil watering rings from around each tree and palm.
- We are all very excited that this project is underway, and we appreciate your patience as we implement this ambitious tree planting project.
The new trees will be planted in five zones moving from north to south and west to east. The anticipated schedule for each zone of the City is outlined on the list and map below.
Please note that the coconut palm removals, relocations, and plantings will be conducted separately from the tree planting zones.
|| Expected Date Complete
||June 2015 - November 2015
||August 2015 - May 2016
||March 2016 - August 2016
||June 2016 - December 2016
||August 2016 - June 2017
||September 2015 - September 2017
Click here to learn more about the Granada Golf Course Renovation and Tree Maintenance Update.
Click here to explore the Coral Gables myTreeKeeper urban forest interactive map and track the Tree Succession planting progress.
For more information
call: 305-722-TREE (8733)