For several years, the City of Coral Gables has been interested in pursuing the redevelopment of Municipal Parking Garages 1 and 4, with a focus on the following key objectives:
• Replace what are currently two obsolete parking garages, that have many operational deficiencies, with new state-of-the-art parking garages (above and beyond recent cosmetic improvements).
• Add additional public parking spaces to replace the lost parking on Miracle Mile and meet the future needs of Downtown businesses.
• Introduce appropriately scaled mixed uses, especially ground floor retail and residential, onto Andalusia Avenue to support the City’s goals for a vibrant, walkable Downtown.
• Pursue a holistic approach to these objectives that balances parking, planning, design, economic development, community and financial considerations.
Please find, below, information related to these efforts:
01.24.17 City Commission agenda item documents
- Stage I
- Stage II
Coral Gables City Center, LLC
TC Gables, LLC
EVALUATION COMMITTEE MEETING VIDEOS
- August 4, 2016 (includes Proposer Presentations):
- December 1, 2016 (continuation of previous meeting) 4 PARTS: