You can now take an electric scooter for a spin in Coral Gables. As part of a pilot program effective until the end of the month, Spin electric scooters are available at key locations to be used by riders who are at least 16 years of age. Coral Gables became the first city in Florida to pilot an innovative scooter-share program which provides an affordable, sustainable transportation option for residents and visitors. After this initial trial, the program may be extended by the City Commission. Later this month, Spin dockless pedal bikes will join the scooters in Coral Gables.
Scooters may be used on City sidewalks except on Miracle Mile sidewalks, Ponce de Leon sidewalks (three blocks north/south of Miracle Mile) and on Giralda Plaza. Scooters cannot be parked mid-block on Miracle Mile or anywhere on Giralda Plaza and cannot obstruct any pedestrian paths, business entrances, doors or ramps.
How Does It Work?
• Download the Spin app from the App Store, Google Play, or by going to www.spin.pm and following the links. Create an account in the app using your email address.
• Use the app to scan the QR code on top of the scooter handlebars to unlock and activate the scooter. New users will be asked to input a payment method and additional information. (See below for more information.)
• When you’re done, park responsibly according to city rules and end the trip in the app. Be sure to park the scooter within Coral Gables where permitted or you may be fined.
How Much Does It Cost?
• $1 to start + $0.15 per minute.
How to Ride
• Do not ride on the sidewalks on Miracle Mile
• Do not ride through Giralda Plaza
• Dismount and walk your scooter when on crowded sidewalks
• Do not ride on sidewalks on Ponce de Leon Boulevard (three blocks north/south of Miracle Mile)
• Follow all traffic laws and posted signs
How to Report Issues
• Email Spin at email@example.com
• Call or Text 1-888-249-9698
• DM us on Twitter at @ridespin
• Go to https://help.spin.pm
How to Get Started
Create an account: Enter your email address, choose a password, and find a scooter to ride (if you don’t see one around you, use the in-app map to help guide you).
Unlock and Start Trip: Scan the QR code, and enter a payment method.
Once the scooter unlocks and activates, your trip has started! Use the app to end and lock your scooter.